Due to the Vigipirate alert system, security checks are enforced in the museum. Bags must be open at the control area. Suitcases and luggage, even smaller than 30 x 40cm, are not allowed in the museum. Liquids and backpacks must be placed in the individual lockers available at the entrance.
For safety reasons and due to the size of the rooms, the maximum capacity for temporary exhibitions is limited to 35 persons simultaneously.
To see the rules and regulations applicable to visitors to the Museums of the City of Paris (in French), click here.
Tuesday to Sunday, from 10am to 6pm.
The ticket office closes at 5.30pm and the gift shop at 5.45pm.
Closing at 5pm on December 24 and 31st.
Closed on Mondays and December 25, 2019.
In 2020, the museum is open on certain public holidays: Friday 8 May (Victory Day), Thursday 21 May (Ascension Day), Tuesday 14 July (Bastille Day), Saturday 15 August (Assumption of Mary), Sunday 1st November (All Saints Day), Wednesday 11 November (Armistice Day).
The museum is closed on Wednesday 1st January (New Year's Day), Monday 13 April (Easter Monday), Thursday 1st May (Labour Day), Monday 1st June (Whit Monday), and Friday 25 December (Christmas).
Admission fees may vary depending on the exhibition.
Free admission to the exhibition "Musées dessinés"
To book online tickets for the exhibitions, please visit: billetterie-parismusees.paris.fr
- Youth and young adults (18-26)
- Students (excluding fashion, art, history of art and archeology)
- Beholders of the cards « Paris Pass Famille » or « Famille nombreuse »
- Beholders of the card « Navigo-Améthyste-Émeraude »
- Technical teachers of the "Protection Judiciaire de la Jeunesse"
- Employed school teachers
- Members of: la Sauvegarde de l'art Français, la Société de l'Histoire de l'Art Français, la Société française d'archéologie and la Société nationale des antiquaires de France
Free admission (without priority access):
- Youth 17 and under
- Job seekers
- Beneficaries of the following income support supplements
- Instructors at the Centres de loisirs de la Ville de Paris
- Professional visual artists
- Members of the Commission du Vieux Paris
- Students from INALCO and Institut National du Patrimoine
- Students in fashion, art, history of art and archeology (in France)
- City of Rome residents (Paris twin City)
Free admission with priority access:
- Beholders of the card "Paris Musées"
- Disabled and their personal care attendant
- Museum guides
- Museums scientific staff
- Members of AICA - Association internationale des critiques d'art
- MembAIAP - Association internationale des Arts Plastiques
- French and foreign journalists
- Members of the Syndicat de la presse artistique
- Employees of the following organisations: Office de Tourisme, congrès de la Ville de Paris and Comité Régional du Tourisme d'Ile-de-France / Seine et Marne
- Staff of the Maison des métallos
- Members of the museum's Friend's organisation
- Staff of the Ville de Paris
- Parisian elected officers, current or retired
- Members of ICOM and ICOMOS
- Militaries wearing uniforms on the week of the 14/07
- Militaries from the mission « Sentinelle »
- Beholders of a skip-the-queue ticket ("laissez-passer") edited by Paris Musées
Valid proof of identity (eg. passport, school pass) must be presented at the counter to enjoy concession admission. Full list and conditions here.
Cash, credit and debit cards (except American Express), checks.
Metro: Saint-Paul (line 1), Chemin-Vert (line 8), Rambuteau (line 11)
Bus: lines 29 (Turenne-Saint Gilles / Payenne), 69 (Saint-Paul), 76 (Saint-Paul), 96 (Saint-Paul)
Vélib': station No.4013 Vieille du Temple - Francs Bourgeois, station No.3002 Saint Gilles - Turenne
VISITORS WITH DISABILITIES
Please note that the museum is not wheelchair accessible and has no elevator.
Click here for more information on access for visitors with disabilities.